We are all unified together on the same globe,
under the same sky, watching the same moon.
I’m back with another set of The Creative List for you lovely beings. It’s been a while since I last posted one, and while there have been a lot of things sparking my curiosity and engaging my creative mind, I’ve been buried between work and catching up with friends to focus on the content of this series.
Now that I have found some spare time to patch up my lack of updating this segment, I found myself wanting to spice up the format of the list. From now on, I won’t be categorizing it into five parts (Listen, Read, Create, Know & See) since it’s a bit challenging to do so if I’m to update on a weekly basis. Instead, I’ll be sharing links and things I gathered around the virtual and mundane world and share them in nugget-sized sentences, which I hope is more convenient and effective, not only for me, but also for you.
Without further ado, here’s Volume XI:
- Learn the why’s and how’s of tracking your internal consciousness by moon navigating and connecting with the Universe through listening to Ezzie Spencer’s Lunar Abundance as she talks over her spiritual practice at Being Boss.
- Weigh the pros and cons of working in a freelance industry and what it means to rate a fair price that sets the standards for creatives.
- Immerse in the captivating and heartbreakingly beautiful film of The Book Thief, that merges love and war in the setting of WWII. (A merge between the love of books and history gets my imagination into overdrive so it’s no wonder that this film captured my heart from the beginning until the moment the credits start rolling in)
- If you find the culture of Asian Contemporary Art, most especially Japanese Art, both compelling and intriguing like I do, then you’ll find Nobuhiro Nakanishi‘s work magnificent. See how he captures spatial change and the infinite flow of time, producing art that creates movement between the artwork itself and the viewer’s experience of the artwork through his Layered Drawings.(Discovered via Creative Boom, a space for creative inspiration which features artists from all the corners of the world)
- Discover The Rule of One to achieve a certain goal one step at a time and form it into a habit until you reach your finish line. (Written by AgentSully of Life Learning Today for Zen Habits)
- Learn The First Secret of Great Design and how designers cultivate innovative thinking through balancing habituation, noticing tiny details, seeing mundane, everyday things from a different perspective, and solving problems around us.
- Engage your perspective and awareness on paradigm shifts and carnism by opening your hearts and minds on the society and culture’s way of eating and perceiving animals as food by making authentic food choices.